Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Poetry Wednesday: In The Beginning

Note: I actually wrote this as a christian who was angry at god.


IN THE BEGINNING...


I will make you feel,
You will like it.
I will feed you pain constantly,
You will be unable to stop it.
I will call it “Life”,
You will yearn for it at freedom’s door.

I will give you free will,
You will give it away.
I will call this “Love”,
You will like it.
It will be painfully obvious that it is a burden,
You won’t care.

I will give you the world,
You will destroy it.
You may call it progress,
I call it idiocy.

I will give you beauty,
You will perverse it
And make it wrong.
I will send you all to hell,
You won’t know what hit you.

You will foolishly try and overcome my power,
But I will have the last laugh

No comments:

Post a Comment